Note : The information on this website is based on previous academic years. Due to the current pandemic situation, please refer to the latest information provided to you instead if it is different
Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA)
- Students should be familiar with ICA’s requirements regarding Student’s Pass matters by checking ICA’s web-published information (ica.gov.sg/pass/studentpass/ihl) on Student’s Passes for University students.
- It is important for students to take action promptly when they receive an email notification to access the SOLAR system to verify their details, as not doing so will delay the application of the In-Principle Approval (IPA) letter and subsequent NUS registration procedures.
- If the application is approved, ICA shall grant the student an IPA letter.
Medical Examination for Students’ Passes
- The issuance of the Student’s Pass is subject to the outcome of the medical examination required by ICA, which includes an HIV test.
- The medical examination and HIV test and can be done in students’ home country or in Singapore.
- If students choose to do it at UHC, they need to note that the results of the various laboratory tests will only be ready for collection after five working days.
Issuance of Students’ Passes
ICA has arranged an offsite enrolment exercise for the issuance of Student’s Passes. Students are required to report for offsite enrolment according to the schedule stipulated in their appointment letter.
List of documents to bring :
|Documents/Items for Submission||Remarks|
|1) Recent colour passport-sized photo||Refer to ICA’s website (ica.gov.sg/common/photo_guidelines) for specific requirements on photo submission. Please do not fold, paste or staple the photo.|
|2) Disembarkation/Embarkation (D/E) Card or copy of electronic Arrival Card or any valid passes (i.e. STP, LTVP, DP, EP)||The D/E card (ica.gov.sg/enteranddeparting/before/de) is granted upon entry into Singapore. Students who misplace the D/E card will need to prepare a self-written statement for submission to ICA officer.|
|3) In-Principle Approval (IPA) Letter||To be printed from ICA’s SOLAR system (eservices.ica.gov.sg/solar/index.xhtml) under navigation path: Student Main Menu > Print Outcome Letters|
|4) Original and Photocopy of Passport Particulars Page|
|5) eForm 16||To be printed from ICA’s SOLAR system (eservices.ica.gov.sg/solar/index.xhtml), duly completed and signed.|
|6) ICA Medical Report Form & Original copy of the Laboratory Report||Refer to Medical Examination for Students’ Passes for more information.|
|7) Payment Receipt of the following:|
(i) $30 Processing Fee
(ii) $60 Issuance Fee
(iii) $30 Multiple-Entry Visa
(for visa required nationals only)
|All payments are to be made online through ICA’s SOLAR system (eservices.ica.gov.sg/solar/index.xhtml), prior to the student’s appointment with ICA.|
|8) One copy of the Terms and Condition of Student’s Pass|
(Version as at Oct 2015)
|To be printed from ICA’s Website and signed in the presence of ICA officer.|
Please note that you will need to provide the application ID, e.g. IHL-2020-APP-XXXXXXXXX in the space provided on Para 7 of the first page. In addition, students will need to provide the following information on the last page of the Terms and Conditions:
(i) Singapore Residential Address
Students who do not have a Singapore Residential Address at the point of submission to ICA, please indicate the address of the interim NUS hostel or other interim accommodation under the Residential Address field.
Students can refer to ICA’s website subsequently, if they wish to update any changes to their Singapore address.
(ii) Contact Number
Student is also required to indicate the Email address which they frequently check under the Contact Number field.
ADVISORY: As ICA will be enrolling applicants’ iris images, please do not wear coloured, patterned or cosmetic contact lenses. Students are required to remove their glasses/spectacles before capturing of iris images.
Students must make an e-appointment (https://www.ica.gov.sg/check-status-make-appointment) and report in person at ICA Office, 4th Storey, ICA Building to complete the Student’s Pass enrolment formalities if they are:
• unable to enrol during ICA’s offsite enrolment exercise at NUS;
• leaving Singapore before collection of the Student’s Pass (only for students from visa-required countries) or;
• currently holding a full-time job (students should make an e-appointment upon cessation of their full-time employment).
Please refer to the IPA letter for specific instructions on how to do so.