Watch this promo video as a start!
Derek has been murdered! You have always dreamt of being a detective so now is you chance to prove yourself! But before that, you are to go on a journey, a journey to accumulate experience and hone your problem solving skills. You will need to travel to different places, across time and even to an alternate dimension for an adventure like never before! Once you are done with your journey, you will be more than prepared to be the one who solves Derek's murder mystery!
What are you waiting for? Click on this to start!
This hunt will be split into 2 parts, 12 puzzles on Part 1 and 10 puzzles on Part 2.
After you have solved all the puzzles on that part (or voided everything), you will need to use all the answers on that part to solve that particular metapuzzle.
The metapuzzle on each part will lead you to 2 important clues to solve the murder.
- On Part 1, the metapuzzle leads to the murder location.
- On Part 2, the metapuzzle leads to the murder weapon.
- The slides used during the Puzzle Hunt Briefing can be found here.
- Only one person from each team needs to submit the answer for each puzzle.
- Submit your answer using only the characters a-z, A-Z, and spaces.
- After each submission, you should receive one of 2 responses. ("Correct" or "Incorrect")
- You can go to the puzzle list for an overview of your team's progress.
- Each team starts with 10 base points.
- Each puzzle is worth 1-10 points, depending on the difficulty.
- Each metapuzzle is worth 6 points.
- The final puzzle (metametapuzzle) is worth 10 points.
- The maximum amount of points you can get is 150 points, that is if you solve everything! :)
- For urgent matters regarding the hunt, please PM any of the programmes team.
- Voiding puzzles and requesting for hints through the system are irreversible options, we will not entertain requests to revert these actions.
- If there are any changes to the puzzles (due to any errors), it will be announced at the errata page.